”In my work I look for pureness and simplicity of the shape,
I work mainly with the “King” of clay, Porcelain.
The Whiteness, translucent and strength of the Porcelain fascinates
and attracts me to work with this medium.
My work is fired in a reduction atmosphere at 1280°C. .The Porcelain in not a forgiven; it draws me to perfection with a great challenge of creating a shape that feels right for it and myself.”
About Rani Gilat
About Rani Gilat:
- A graduate of Bezalel Academy of Arts in Jerusalem, Israel.(BFA)
- Masters of Arts, Tel Aviv University, Israel. (MA)
- Chairman of the board of the Israeli Ceramics Association (2012-2014).
- Specializes in special ceramics firing and mastering in porcelain work.
- Currently teaches at the Benyamini Contemporary Ceramics Center. Additionally, teaches beginners and professional wheel throwing at his private studio.
- The founder and mentor of “The Gilat Project: Ceramics Art Through Emotions”, which work to raise awareness for the HIV positive community in Israel.
- A partner of a ceramic art gallery: “Shlush Shloshim”, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- A member of AIDA – ‘Association of Israel’s Decorative Arts.
Web Site – www.ranigilat.com
E-Mail – email@example.com
Tel – (+972) 052-8891908